Monday, June 28, 2010

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing....

My first post! And I write it from a location I know well- my bedroom. Right now I sit comfortably in my parent's house, in the room I've had since kindergarten. I'm trying to savor every moment I have in a familiar location, knowing that soon I will not have this comfort. I am slowly but surely getting prepared for my trip to South Africa. I have gotten all the shots I need, I've been shopping close to a million times to put together what I hope will be the perfect wardrobe, and I'm trying to get all sorts of phone calls and other important items checked off my list. I've been playing this waiting game for almost a whole month now. When school ended, it felt like I had an eternity before I would be leaving the country for an entire semester; but it's obvious that this trip is creepily around the corner. So what do I do next? Hope... better yet, pray, that I have all of the items, the correct mindset, and everything I will need for this new adventure. So for now I take comfort in home that I grew up in, with the people I love the most, simply wishing that the adventure that awaits me takes me on the journey of a lifetime.